It’s a new month, and that means new lessons from Because Learning! This month, our lessons are based around OLED screens. Sound familiar? That’s because it’s the same type of screen used in the latest smartphones like the iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy 9, and more.In each lesson, you or your child can learn how computer “brains” communicated with screens to display text, images, or video. You’ll explore how to code messages and even write jokes.
Watch this video to see for yourself:
Here’s some of you’ll find in our Lessons portal:
- Introduction to Arduino Sketches and Leveraging Variables. Learn how to create “sketches” using the OLED screen and the Arduino microcontroller.
- OLED Display Default. Restore your Arduino code that gets the OLED to behave like it did out of the box.
- Googly Eyes. Can you use the OLED display to show googly eyes that are responsive to the accelerometer?
- Level with OLED Display. Create a level using the Spaceboard and the OLED display.
- Pong with OLED Display. Can you alter a pre-written Arduino sketch to improve the game of Pong?
- OLED Display Hello World. Can you control the styling and the message that is printed out on the OLED Display using an Arduino sketch?
We’ve also got other Lessons you and your child will love:
- Poppin’ and Rockin’. When you mix Pop Rocks with soda, is it a chemical or physical change?
- Hot Hands (Exothermic Chemical Reactions). What is the ideal ratio of ingredients to make a DIY hand warmer stay warm for the longest amount of time?
How to View These Lessons
To view these Lessons, subscribe and log into our portal! It’s simple, affordable, and fun for you and your child.